About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry (TOJQI) is an open access, peer-reviewed, international e-journal in scope of educational and social sciences which publishes high quality and original research papers conducted with qualitative, mixed and action research methodology. Besides the research papers, TOJQI publishes eligible works on theoretical and cognitive issues or book reviews related to qualitative research paradigm in educational sciences.
Peer Review Process
TOJQI has a blind review process. All manuscripts submitted to TOJQI are circulated to two field referees after initial screening process. If the referee's report contradict one another, a further expert opinion will be sought.
Throughout the review process, all submissions satisfying the basic requirements will be subject to a blind review by at least two independent reviewers who will not have knowledge of the name of the author or of other reviewers. Likewise, the TOJQI does not inform the author(s) about the reviewers in any phase of the review process.
If the number of the manuscripts that were credited as publishable by the reviewers were higher than the number of the articles that prescribed by the TOJQI’s publication policy, the editorial board of the TOJQI makes the final acceptance decision.
The editors reserve the right to modify typescripts to eliminate ambiguity and repetition, and to improve communication between author and reader. In following this practice, the scientific content and message will not be changed. If extensive alterations are required, the manuscript will be returned to the author for revision and/or approval.
The language of the manuscripts should be English and Turkish.
The manuscripts should be submitted in Turkish or English full text along with titles and abstracts. If the manuscript is accepted for publication, the full text in the second language (Turkish or English) must be submitted before publication.
The manuscripts must be original and they must not have been published elsewhere previously or being currently under consideration by any other journal. It must be confirmed with a cover letter accompanying the manuscript
Extended and revised versions of studies presented in symposiums or conferences can be submitted to the TOJQI only if the name, date and place of the event is referenced.
It is assumed that the author(s) relinquished the copyright of the submitted manuscripts to TOJQI.
All of the manuscripts submitted to the TOJQI should be written according to established specifications that were explained in the “Instructions for Authors” section.
If the papers are not suitable for the required specifications in the “Instructions for Authors” of the TOJQI, submitted papers might not taken into consideration for publication and such manuscripts will be returned to the corresponding author for revision.
Statements and opinions given in work published by the TOJQI are the expressions of the authors, and responsibility for the contents of published papers rests upon the authors, not the TOJQI.
Instructions for Authors
- The manuscript should be typed in using MS Office Word 2010 or 2013, A4 (21x29,7 cm.) paper size , Times New Roman typeface and 12 points (excludes,Title and abstract), doble-spaced with 2.5 cm margins on all sides and align full. Typical page length is between 20 and 25 pages, but Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry (TOJQI) will publish longer manuscripts of important and ground-breaking research.
- In taking a step toward expediting the publication process, TOJQI is plaesed to offer Web-based submission and peer-review. If you have not already done so, create an account (register) for yourself in the system at the homepage. To monitor the progress of your manuscript throughout the review process, just login our system periodically and check your status of paper.
- TOJQI employs an anonymous review policy (i.e., masked review). Therefore, the author's (authors’) name(s) and affiliation should not appear on any part of the article. The author notes should be typed on the title page. The manuscript's title page should consist only of article, running head, and date.
- Various types of scholarly manuscripts about research on teaching and learning are within TOJQI's domain, including, but not limited to: Qualitative, ethnographic, historical, phenomencial, case study, action research or mixed research approaches; position papers; policy perspectives; and critical reviews of the literature, etc.
- Each article should include an informative, comprehensive abstract of 150 to 250 words. The abstract should explain the critical information related to the paper's aim, method, findings, results and conclusions. Three to five key words should also be given after the abstract.
- Manuscripts should include expanded knowledge about literature, research aim, research questions, the participants, data gathering tools and used material, data analysis methods, findings and interpretation.Postmodern manuscripts are also accepted.
- References should start with a new page and it should follow by the Sixth Edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (American Psychological Association, 2009).
- The manuscript should be carefully checked to ensure that the spelling of authors' names and dates are exactly the same in the text as in the reference list. The full references should be listed in alphabetical order at the end of the paper.
- Appendixes and Acknowledgement should be placed at the end of the manuscript, before the reference list.
Prepare your manuscript according to the instructions given below. They are adapted from the Checklist for Manuscript Submission by the American Psychological Association (APA, Sixth Edition).
Title Page and Abstract
Paragraphs and Headings
Tables and Figures
PS: By clicking the links below, you can access and download the sample paper and the article template in form of Microsoft Word:
The TOJQI has been being published quarterly a year (January, April, July and October).
Open Access Policy
The TOJQI provides immediate, unlimited and free open access to its content.
Article Processing Charges
The TOJQI doesn't have APCs or any submissions charges.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).